Civilization is the process of enlarging the category of We and Us, and moving people out of They and Them until no one is left in it.
Chad Miller’s stuff
+1 321 445 1123
- Code for America and Code for Orlando put my skills to use for a good purpose.
- I think my city (and a few others nearby) needs a new flag.
- I support the Tor project. I made a Snap package to strengthen its network by making almost any kind of device, desktop, tv, car, router, home security system..., into a Tor middle node. Ubuntu Core users can download it as "tor-middle-relay".
- Running Minecraft on Linux? Use this Minecraft apparmor security wrapper. Even has Ubuntu/Debian packages.
- I'm trying to make a big model of the solar system.
- Parenting notes. I might be a bad parent, but I'm a damned good engineer.
- If you work by going to a cafe once in a while and don't mind company, use my idiom of tweeting to @orlandocoworker with where you're going, so someone might join you.
- I founded Café Scientifique Orlando in 2008 and organized for 6 years. I'm handing it off to someone else now. Back soon!
- Orlando Police calls and twitter accounts “orlpolZIP”
- Mixed-drinks recipes app, “Top Shelf”, for Android devices.
- Ubuntu 17.04 desktop, day job.
- Enzian special-event ical-feed. webcal://enzian-specials.appspot.com/shows.ics
- I grew up in the woods of Georgia US, and now live in Orlando Florida US.
- I take photos, but not as many as I used to.
- I like to play what is likely the oldest board-game in the world, Go / Weiqi.
- My day job is to write Free software. You should try it. I have used Linux almost exclusively since 1995. That probably says a lot about me.
- I have travelled a bit, and am eager for more. Some trips, from memory: Paris, Seattle, Vieques, Paris, Boston, Heidelberg, Munich, Dublin, Galway, Stockholm, Uppsala, Riga, Helsinki, Istanbul, Stockholm, Barcelona, Boston, Paris, Brussels, London, Copenhagen, Portland, Córdoba (AR), Buenos Aires, London, Buenos Aires, London, Malta, Prague, Taiwan. I'm trying to get to Tangier, Istanbul (my fave), India, Vietnam. Next up: The Hague
- I have a great wife, and a pretty good son. He is literate enough to tweet, and I upload videos sometimes. He plays Go too.
I keep a sparse wish-list at Amazon.